- 1 pkg
- pillsbury crescent dough sheets ( or rolls if you can't find the sheets
- 1 pkg
- 10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach (thawed) and squeezed dry
- 1/2 medium
- onion (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp
- jarred minced garlic
- 1 c
- cottage cheese (drained of most of the liquid)
- 3 oz
- mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c
- real shreded parmasean cheese (not the green can stuff)
- 3 slice
- provalone cheese
- 1 can(s)
- or a few fresh sliced mushrooms (if desired)
- 1 lb
- roll of rb rice's medium sausage browned and drained
How to Make Sausage Spinach Braid
- 1Preheat oven to 400* then start to brown the sausage in a medium sauce pan and add the onion to cook till sausage is done and onions are translucent. drain completely
- 2roll out the crescent dough in a jelly roll pan or large cookie sheet till it's 1/4 in thick or so.
- 3Drain both the spinach and cottage cheese. Wring out the Spinach completely.
- 4In a Large mixing bowl. Mix the Sausage mixture, spinach, cottage cheese, garlic,parmesan cheese,and mushrooms(if desired)
- 5Spread evenly down the center of the crescent sheet and top with the mozzarella cheese and the 3 slices of provalone down the center of the sausage,spinach mixture. Cut slits on edges of either side of the crescent about every inch or so, down the whole length of the sausage mixture and bring over the top so forms a braid.
Bake at 400* for 24 min. This should easily feed 4 people but it's so good, they will surely want more.