- 1 c
- dry pancake mix (i use krusteaz's mix from costco)
- 2/3 c
- water** if your mix is too thick to pour, add 1-2 tblsp more water. just be sure it's not runny either**
- 2-4 dash(es)
- food coloring (your choice of colours - i used 6 standard rainbow colours, but get creative. if you want pastel colours, be sure not to add very much. a little food colouring goes a long way.)
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil - for wiping down griddle with paper towel
How to Make Rainbow Pancakes
- 1Measure out dry mix
- 2Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients
- 3Warm non-stick griddle & wipe it down with a paper towel and a touch of vegetable oil.
- 4Pour (2) 4-inch pancakes on griddle. don't crowd your pan. as bubbles appear, gently flip your pancakes. when pancakes fluff up, transfer to a pan in a warm oven.
- 5Serve 2-3 pancakes per child. Remainder of pancakes freeze really well once cooled, then you can start your kid(s)' day with a rainbow anytime. You can thaw pancakes in frige overnight or quickly in a microwave. When freezing pancakes, layer them with parchment paper so they are easily separated.