Quick Oatmeal (For 1 Person)
Cindi M Bauer
1/3 cquick cooking oats
1-1/2 tspquick cooking oats (*see note)
1 pinchof salt
1 Tbspdark brown sugar
1 tsppure maple syrup
·*note: you can substitute 1-1/2 tsp of ground flaxseed for the 1-1/2 tsp of quick oats
How to Make Quick Oatmeal (For 1 Person)
- In a 2-quart casserole baking dish, add the 1/3 cup, plus the 1-1/2 teaspoons of quick oats. (If wanting to add flaxseed, just substitute 1-1/2 teaspoons whole ground flaxseed for the 1-1/2 teaspoons of quick cooking oats.)
- To the bowl also add, a pinch of salt and the water.
- Place the bowl in the microwave oven, and cook (uncovered), on high for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes of cooking time, let the bowl set in the microwave for 1 minute. (Do not open the microwave while the bowl of oatmeal is setting in the oven.)
- After the minute is up, remove the bowl, then add the butter, sprinkle on the brown sugar, pour on the maple syrup, and stir. (I usually don't stir in the brown sugar and maple syrup. I just let it set on top of the cereal, and dig in with a spoon.)