Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts
I believe it was posted by TipHero, but originates from SkinnyGirl.com as Two Ingredient Cake.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour the cake mix into a medium bowl. Add the pumpkin pie spice. Mix well.
- Add the pumpkin puree. Stir to combine.
- Grease or spray your doughnut pans.
Pour the dough into a piping bag (you can use a resealable 1 gal. plastic bag). Close the bag, burping out the air. Cut a small piece off the bottom corner of the bag. Squeezing the bag, pipe the dough into your doughnut pans. You want each ring to be 2/3 full in height.
Sprinkle each doughnut with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Check with a toothpick or cake tester, or, if the top springs back when pressed, they are done.
- Remove pans from the oven. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove doughnuts from the pan to a cooling rack. Can frost when cool, if desired.
Makes 12 donuts.
- Notes: You can also use spice cake mix.
I used a heaping teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice. I sprinkled the top with cinnamon sugar before I baked them.
If you want to glaze the doughnuts, go ahead.
There's a lot of variety between brands of pumpkin pie spice. I never used it before, preferring to add individual spices. I tried several brands and found one that I love.