Pound Cake French Toast
- butter or cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pound cake, cut into 12 slices, from kirkland
- parchment paper
- 3/4 to 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, such as nutella
- 2 bananas,sliced
- maple syrup
How to Make Pound Cake French Toast
- 1Heat a griddle to medium high. Lightly coat with butter or cooking spray.
- 2In shallow bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir til well blended. Dip pound cake slices in egg mixture. Cook on hot griddle til golden brown.
- 3Form a cone out of parchment paper and cut a 1/8 inch opening in the tip. Put nutella in cone and squeeze over French toast. Alternatively, warm Nutella and drizzle over French toast with a spoon. top French toast with banana slices and drizzle with maple syrup. Serve hot. Makes 6 servings.
Note: Sliced banana nut muffins can be substituted for the pound cake.