pineapple stuffed French toast
Points value: four
- one can crushed pineapple and juice, drained, 8 ounces
- 1/4 cup cream cheese such as philadelphia, 2 ounces
- 5 slices french bread sliced, 6 inches long
- 1 1/2 cup egg substitute
- cooking spray
- sugar-free maple syrup, optional
- fresh blueberries, optional
How to Make pineapple stuffed French toast
- 1preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Mix pineapple and cream cheese. Cut a horizontal slit through one side of each bread slice to form a deep pocket. Stuff about 2 tablespoons pineapple mixture into each pocket, pressing down gently.
- 3Pour egg substitute into a shallow bowl. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Dip stuffed bread slices and egg substitute. Add bread to pan; cook two minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Place Brown toasts on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 4Bake at 400° for three minutes or until egg mixture on side of toast is cooked. Garnish with syrup and blueberries if desired. Makes five servings.