- 1 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- ground allspice
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
- butter, pancake or maple syrup or confectioner's sugar for serving
How to Make Perfect Pancakes
- 1Heat a griddle or large pan to medium heat. Heat oven to warm (180 degrees F) and place a foil-lined baking sheet inside.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt and allspice. Separate eggs and whisk egg yolks in small bowl with milk and oil.
- 3With an electric mixer, beat egg whites to stiff peaks, about 1 minute. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Fold in egg whites in two additions, until no white streaks remain.
- 4Using a ladle, drop 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter onto heated griddle. Repeat, spacing at least 1 inch apart. Cook 1 minute, or until bubbles in batter pop and remain open. Carefully flip pancakes and cook an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- 5Transfer to baking sheet in warm oven; repeat with remaining batter. Serve warm with butter and syrup or confectioners' sugar, if desired.