Peanut Butter & Jelly Filled French Toast Freezer Easy
I use a large electric griddle to cook 6 - 8 slices at a time so completion time will vary based on your equipment.
2loaves thick sliced hearty bread - your choice of type
1 jar(s)peanut butter - crunchy or creamy
1 jar(s)jam or jelly - your favorite flavor
1 Tbsppure vanilla extract
1 tspcinnamon - ground
2 Tbspmaple syrup
·ziploc freezer bags
·waxed - parchment- or freezer paper
·powdered sugar - optional
·butter - margarine - cooking spray
How to Make Peanut Butter & Jelly Filled French Toast Freezer Easy
- Set your griddle or pan to medium low heat. Spread peanut butter on half the bread slices, staying within 1/4" from the edges & jam on the other half, put together like PB&J sandwiches, set aside.
- Combine eggs, cinnamon, maple syrup, salt & vanilla - wisk together until well blended. Transfer to a shallow flat bottom cake pan for easy dipping.
- Carefully put sandwich in egg batter, let soak for a few seconds. You want them saturated but not falling apart soggy, then flip over & soak the other side. Transfer to well oiled pan. Only soak ahead the amount you will be cooking at the time. If you can only fit one in your pan, soak one, cook, then soak another, etc.
- Cook on medium - low heat until toasty brown & firm, flip over & do the other side.
- You can now serve these with powdered sugar, heated jam to match the flavor inside the French Toast, maple syrup, etc. Or for bulk & freezer -
- Place cooked sandwiches on a cooling rack or plate. Once semi cool, transfer to a baking sheet covered in paper. Place in freezer for a few hours. Once firm they can be transferred to a freezer bag.
- To reheat - place desired amount on microwave safe plate and cook for 2 minutes, or place in 325 oven for about 15-20 minutes - serve.