Pancakes à la Elvis
2 Tbspchopped walnuts
2 mediumbananas, peeled & mashed
3 Tbspcreamy peanut butter
1 mediumbanana, peeled & sliced
·honey or maple syrup
·additional chopped walnuts, for garnish
How to Make Pancakes à la Elvis
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Bisquick, eggs, milk, and bananas. Using a wire whisk, beat until batter is somewhat smooth but has a few lumps from the bananas. Add the peanut butter and walnuts and beat well.
- On a heated griddle or non-stick skillet, spray non-stick cooking spray. Pour just under 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet. If using a large skillet, you should be able to get 3 to 4 pancakes per batch. Don't overcrowd the skillet.
- Cook until edges are dry and batter starts to bubble a little in the middle. Carefully turn the pancake over using a spatula. Once you have flipped the pancake, take a basting brush and dip into butter. Carefully spread the butter over the pancakes while they are in the skillet.
- You can also put layers of sliced bananas between the pancakes and drizzle with a little warm honey.
- Serve with sliced bananas, walnuts and warm honey or maple syrup on top.