Pancakes à la Elvis
- 2 c
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped walnuts
- 2 medium
- bananas, peeled & mashed
- 3 Tbsp
- creamy peanut butter
- 1 medium
- banana, peeled & sliced
- honey or maple syrup
- additional chopped walnuts, for garnish
How to Make Pancakes à la Elvis
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine Bisquick, eggs, milk, and bananas. Using a wire whisk, beat until batter is somewhat smooth but has a few lumps from the bananas. Add the peanut butter and walnuts and beat well.
- 2On a heated griddle or non-stick skillet, spray non-stick cooking spray. Pour just under 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet. If using a large skillet, you should be able to get 3 to 4 pancakes per batch. Don't overcrowd the skillet.
- 3Cook until edges are dry and batter starts to bubble a little in the middle. Carefully turn the pancake over using a spatula. Once you have flipped the pancake, take a basting brush and dip into butter. Carefully spread the butter over the pancakes while they are in the skillet.
- 4You can also put layers of sliced bananas between the pancakes and drizzle with a little warm honey.
- 5Serve with sliced bananas, walnuts and warm honey or maple syrup on top.