1/3 lbbulk pork sausage
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 cbuttermilk
3 Tbspbutter melted
·warm maple syrup
How to Make Pancake Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray mini muffins pans with nonstick baking spray.
- Brown pork sausage breaking up into small crumbles. Drain any excess grease
- In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In large measuring cup whisk together buttermilk, vanilla and egg.
- Pour liquid mixture into flour mixture. Add butter and stir just until incorporated. Fill one pan full of batter spooning about 2/3’s full in each slot. Add three to four blueberries to the top of each one. Take remaining batter and mix in crumbled sausage. Fill second pan filling each slot about 2/3’s full.
- Bake 13-15 minutes. Serve with warm maple syrup.
You can make your own buttermilk by adding 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or white vinegar to 1 1/2 cups milk. Let sit for five minutes.