Pain Perdu #2
1day old baguette, cut into 2" pieces
1 Tbsporange zest
2 Tbsporange zest
How to Make Pain Perdu #2
- Slice baguette into 2″ thick slices set aside.
- In a 9x9 dish, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, salt. Next add the vanilla and orange zest and whisk.
- Place bread in the bowl to soak for at least a total of 6 mins (3 mins on each side)
- In a sauce pan heat 4 tbsp of syrup, 4 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp orange zest until warm. Keep on a very low heat just to keep warm.
- Heat 1 T butter in a non stick skillet. Place soaked bread in pan, not overcrowding them. When brown on one side turn over until brown on the other side, 1-2 minutes.
- Serve each toast with orange syrup and a little orange zest.