- 3/4c soft butter
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs and 1 c sour cream
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c chopped nuts , of choice
- 3/4 c brown sugar, dark or light
How to Make Overnight Coffee Cake!
- 1Since this is not baked until the next day, there is no oven involved at this time1 :-)
- 2Cream butter and sugar. Add sour cream and eggs, mix.
Combine flour through cinnamon in a bowl and stir . Add to above mixture. Mix well.
- 3Pour into a greased 9x13 pan! (SEE NOTE: @ Bottom)
Combine nuts and brown sugar and sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Since this goes straight from fridge to oven I do not use a Pyrex dish, since some have exploded.
I use a regular aluminum pan to be on the safe side.
- 4heat oven to 350F
Remove plastic wrap from cake pan.
Place Cake pan in preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until tester come out dry.
Serve warm. It keeps well if any is left. :-)