Orange French Toast
** Great freezer recipe! Double or triple this recipe to have extra breakfasts on hand and ready to heat & serve.
How to Make Orange French Toast
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except bread. Blend well.
- Dip both sides of each bread slice in egg mixture. Let set a minute to soak up some egg. Be sure to whisk the egg mixture periodically to keep the cinnamon mixed in.
- Place bread slices on hot non-stick griddle. Cook until both sides are a light golden brown.
- Remove from griddle. Dust with a little powdered sugar. Serve with warmed maple syrup.
- TO FREEZE: When cooled, wrap each slice in wax paper, and then stack a meal's worth in a large freezer bag. (Make sure you remove as much air as possible from the freezer bag before freezing)
- Store in your freezer for up to 3 months.
- To Thaw & Serve: Remove from freezer, unwrap & place on a plate.
- Heat for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes in the microwave, or until heated through.
- Top with maple syrup & enjoy!