★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pkg
- white cake mix
- egg whites
- 1/3 c
- 1 c
- 1 c
- sour cream
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 c
- dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 c
- white chocolate chips
- 5 Tbsp
- heavy cream
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- white chocolate instant pudding powder
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 3 c
- powdered sugar
FOR THE GANACHE:
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM:
How to Make Orange Cranberry White Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- 2In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine egg whites, egg, oil, buttermilk, sour cream and zest at low speed.
- 3Add in the cake mix and mix on medium speed, then fold in cranberries.
- 4Use a medium cookie scoop to fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- 5Bake for 10 minutes (14- 16 for standard size), until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 6Allow to cool in the pan for 1 minute, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 7While the cupcakes are cooling make the ganache by melting the white chocolate chips and heavy cream together in a double boiler or in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each time until almost melted, then stir until completely melted.
- 8Be careful not to heat to long or the chocolate will burn.
- 9Invert the cooled cupcakes, one at a time and dip into the ganache.
- 10Place back on the wire rack and allow the ganache to set.
- 11Meanwhile, in the (cleaned) bowl of your stand mixer,beat cream cheese and butter at med-high speed for 4 minutes.
- 12Add in the pudding mix, vanilla extract and powdered sugar and mix at medium-low speed until well combined.
- 13Add up to an additional 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, if frosting is too thin.
- 14Use a spatula to scoop the frosting into your piping bag with your preferred decorating tip, and pipe away.
- 15Top with red sugar sprinkles for an extra festive display.