★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 call purpose flour or all purpose baking mix
1/4 tspbaking powder
1/8 tspbaking soda
1 cmilk ....add more if needed
3 Tbspvegetable oil
1 pinchcream of tartar
How to Make My Mother-in-laws bestever pancakes
- If you are using the baking mix then disregard the use of the baking powder and baking soda. Otherwise put all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a smaller bowl separate the eggs putting the yolks in the flour bowl and set the whites aside.
Add milk to the bowl with the flour and mix with a wire whisk till mixed but still a little lumpy. Set aside.
- Take the egg whites and add the pinch of cream of tartar and whip till semi-stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped whites into the batter..fold until nearly mixed ...you should still see little islands of meringue.
- Pour by ladle fulls onto a lightly greased griddle which has been heated to about 335 degrees. Let cook till one or two bubbles show and flip.
- Serve with a little bit of butter and your favorite syrup or topping.