Mouthwatering Sour Cream Pancakes
This is my hands down favorite recipe for pancakes -- they're so light and moist yet full of flavor. I generally finish them off with a little butter and some cinnamon and sugar - but you can finish them any way you like. Enjoy!!
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/4 c
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 2 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Mouthwatering Sour Cream Pancakes
- 1Sift together dry ingredients into a blender. Make a well in the center and add the Milk, Oil, & Sour cream.... then beat the two eggs lightly with the vanilla and add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- 2Using a spatula, gently fold ingredients together till flour mixture is just moistened , then blend on high, scraping sides occasionally till mixture is well blended and a creamy consistancy.
- 3preheat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat till a drop of water dances across the surface. Pour out about a half cup of batter per pancake. Cook till little bubbles break on the surface and the edges look slightly dry... then flip. Cook for about another minute then transfer to serving platter.
- 4Serving size is 3 - 4 pancakes - I usually just dot mine with a little butter and dust with a cinnamon sugar mixture.
- 5*Note* If you have extra batter left over, you can store in the fridge in an air tight container for up to a week. Bon Appetit!