Melt in Your Mouth Orange-Yogurt Pancakes
Without the orange gratings the orange flavor is really delicate and subtle. If you want it to pop more I recommend using the gratings.
I found this recipe in the Minnesota monthly and it's a new staple for sure! Hope you enjoy them!
1 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 corange juice
dash(es)orange gratings (optional)
3/4 cvanilla or plain yogurt (do not use greek!)
4 Tbspbutter (melted)
How to Make Melt in Your Mouth Orange-Yogurt Pancakes
- In a medium bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl mix together orange juice, gratings, yogurt, egg, and melted butter.
- Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium to high heat until it gets pretty hot. Spray skillet with cooking spray or melt additional butter.
- Spoon in batter to make 3 inch pancakes. When pancakes bubble and start to brown flip and cook until cooked through and browned on both sides.
- Serve warm with maple syrup!