Maple Pecan Scones
Daily Inspiration S
3 12 cunsifted all-purpose flour
1 cfinely chopped pecans
4 tspbaking powder
2/3 cvegetable shortening (or butter)
1/2 cmaple syrup
1/2 tspmaple extract
How to Make Maple Pecan Scones
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease large baking sheet. In a large bowl, combine flour, pecans, baking powder and salt. With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut the shortening in until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk, 1/3 cup of maple syrup, and the maple extract to dry ingredients and mix lightly with a fork until mixture clings together and forms a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently 5 or 6 times. Divide dough in half. With lightly floured rolling pin, roll one half of dough into a 7" round. Cut into 4 wedges. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place scones 1 inch apart on parchment paper. Pierce tops with tines of a fork. Brush tops with remaining maple syrup.
- Bake scones 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.