Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos
- 1 lb
- lean sausage meat or bacon
- 6 -8 eggs, depending on size eggs
- 1 Tbsp
- minced onion
- 1/4 c
- picante sauce
- 1/4 lb
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- flour tortillas
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos
- 1Spray a non-stick skillet with vegetable oil. Crumble sausage and brown slowly. If using(Bacon) Cook bacon until crisp. Drain sausage and or bacon in white paper towels. Wipe grease from skillet with paper towels, leaving a thin layer of oil.
- 2Beat eggs with minced onion and picante sauce. Scramble eggs in skillet until done. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Toss sausage and or bacon, eggs and cheese together. Spoon into tortillas and wrap, folding sides to middle and then rolling to make burrito
- 4Freeze ahead directions:.
Place on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets;freeze until solid. Then wrap individually in paper towels, and package in zipper-lock freezer bags. When ready to use remove burrito from Ziploc and microwave burrito in paper towel 2-3 minutes or until hot.