Macadamia French Toast
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
This one is from the September Farm Bed & Breakfast, Hiram, OH.
- eggs, beaten
- 2/3 c
- orange juice
- 1/3 c
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- loaf italian bread, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1/2 c
- macadamia nuts, diced
How to Make Macadamia French Toast
- 1With a wire whisk, beat together eggs, orange juice, milk, sugar, nutmeg and vanilla.
- 2Place bread in a single layer in a tight fitting casserole pan.
- 3Pour milk mixture over bread.
- 4Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning once.
- 5Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 6Spray baking sheet or jellyroll pan with vegetable shortening.
- 7Arrange soaked bread slices in a single layer on pan.
- 8Sprinkle with macadamia nuts.
- 9Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 10Serve with maple syrup and butter, if desired.