Macadamia French Toast
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
This one is from the September Farm Bed & Breakfast, Hiram, OH.
2/3 corange juice
1/4 tspground nutmeg
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1loaf italian bread, cut into 1-inch thick slices
1/2 cmacadamia nuts, diced
How to Make Macadamia French Toast
- With a wire whisk, beat together eggs, orange juice, milk, sugar, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Place bread in a single layer in a tight fitting casserole pan.
- Pour milk mixture over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning once.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray baking sheet or jellyroll pan with vegetable shortening.
- Arrange soaked bread slices in a single layer on pan.
- Sprinkle with macadamia nuts.
- Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup and butter, if desired.