Low Carb Breakfast Crepes With Cheese Filling
I also use the Ideal Brand Xylitol sweetener instead of Splenda, but either will work.
Hope all of you enjoy this. They are quick to put together and make an elegant breakfast or brunch dish. Feel free to double the recipe if you want to serve more than two. Also, try using other fruit - peaches, blueberries, even oranges and marmalade, with a complementary preserve.
Fat 10 grams
Carbohydrates 15 grams
Fiber 3 grams
(12 grams net carbs)
Protein 16 grams
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The creamy cheese filling is just as delightful as the subtly sweet crepe. Oh, and they're pretty as a picture too! The Test Kitchen
- 1 large
- egg white
- 1/8 c
- few drops vanilla flavoring
- 1 pinch
- 1/4 c
- low-carb baking mix
- 1/8 tsp
- baking powder
- 2 oz
- neufchatel cheese, softened (1/4 large package)
- 2 Tbsp
- non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar substitute (xylitol or splenda, granulated)
- 1/4 c
- frozen or fresh sliced strawberries
- 2 Tbsp
- sugar free strawberry preserves
How to Make Low Carb Breakfast Crepes With Cheese Filling
- 1Beat together egg and egg white until light and fluffy. Beat in cream, salt, and a few drops vanilla.
- 2Stir baking powder into baking mix, and add to egg mixture. Beat well, scraping sides of bowl to incorporate all the grains of the baking mix. Let batter rest.
- 3Blend together the softened cream cheese, yogurt, sugar substitute (Splenda or Xylitol), and a few drops of vanilla until smooth and well mixed.
- 4Place fruit and preserves in a small bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds on high. Stir until smooth.
- 5To cook crepes: Spray a crepe pan or 10-inch non-stick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. When hot, pour half the crepe batter into pan, tilting pan so batter thinly covers the bottom of the pan. Lower heat to medium low. Cook until top starts to dry out. Carefully turn crepe over, using a large, thin spatula. Cook other side briefly and remove to serving plate. Cook remaining batter in the same way.
- 6To assemble crepes: Spoon half of cheese mixture over each crepe and roll up. Top with half of preserves/fruit mixture. Serve immediately.