Lela's Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes
I like to heat the strawberries and jam until warm and juices come out. Also,the cream cheese is easier to cut if it's frozen or slightly frozen.
- 2 c complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 c buttermilk or regular milk
- 2 c strawberries
- 1/4 c strawberry jam
- 8 oz cream cheese,cut in 1 /2 inch cubes
How to Make Lela's Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes
- 1Mix the strawberries and jam. Set aside.
In a large bowl, add mix and baking powder. Combine egg and milk,pour into mix and beat until smooth. Stir in cream cheese cubes. Add 1-2 tablespoons oil on a griddle,heat over medium heat. Pour about 4 tablespoons of batter onto the griddle. Cook until pancakes look dry on top side,turn over and cook until brown . Place on plates,top each pancake with melted butter and strawberry sauce.