Vicki Butts (lazyme)
How to Make Irish Toast
- Cut the bread into 12 slices.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, Irish whiskey, Irish cream liqueur, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Heat some of the butter in a skillet over medium heat until the butter is hot and the foam has disappeared.
- Press each bread slice into the egg mixture, then fry in the hot skillet until nicely browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Add more butter to skillet as needed.
- Brush each slice with butter, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.