Hurry up Hash
I'm busy today and didn't have old fashioned time... to peel, boil, and fry potatoes. I did have some leftover fries from a lunch with a friend at a local Diner. Since neither of us snacked on them later that day, I cut them into small pieces and made him his old fashioned breakfast.
HASH IN A HURRY! Both of us happy with this little penny-saver.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- leftover french fries
- onion, half medium, diced
- your favorite seasoning mix. i used cavender's all purpose greek seasoning
- butter[ to saute onions]
How to Make Hurry up Hash
- 1Cut leftover fries into small hash pieces. Set aside.
- 2Dice 1/2 medium onion. Saute in a minimal amount of butter till opaque.
- 3Add cubed french fries. No extra butter is needed. Stir to adequately mix with the onions and allow to brown & crisp up a bit.
- 4Sprinkle with your favorite seasoning mix. (Montreal steak seasoning would be great, too) Mix well and serve hot with eggs.