4 largeflour tortillas
1 crefried beans
1 1/2 cmedium salsa divided in half
1 tsptaco seasoning mix, or to taste
1 mediumbowl of ice water
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
·kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
·jalapeños to taste
·fresh basel chopped
How to Make Huevos Rancheros
- Spray with cooking spray four ½ qt. ovenproof ramekins (I use ½ qt. antique Stoneware Mixing Bowls. 5 ¾ wide X 3 ¼ high).
- Place tortillas in microwave between two damp paper towels so they are soft and pliable. Place in each of the ramekins, spray with cooking spray again and bake in 400 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine the refried beans, ½ the salsa, and taco seasoning. Cover, and cook in the microwave until heated through. (I use Bill Echols Taco seasoning mix I from Allrecipes).
- Spread refried bean mixture in tortilla shells be sure to pull up the sides of the shell. Spoon remaining salsa in each shell, sprinkle cheese in each. Gently place a poached egg on top.
- Place each in microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese and reheat the egg.
- Top with remaining salsa a dab of sour cream kosher salt, fresh basal and freshly ground black pepper Jalapeno’s to taste.