1 largeegg, lightly beaten
1/2 tspwhite pepper
1/3 cbutter, melted
1 cgruyere cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
1/2 cparmesan cheese, freshly grated
How to Make Gruyere Cheese Grits
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bring milk to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently. Add grits and butter, stirring until butter melts.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, or until the consistency of oatmeal. Remove from heat.
- Stir a small amount of the hot grits mixture into the egg. Add egg mixture back into grits mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in salt, white pepper, melted butter and Gruyère, blending well.
- Spoon into a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour, covering with foil, if necessary, to prevent overbrowning.