Gruau (Oatmeal Porridge)
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
How to Make Gruau (Oatmeal Porridge)
- In a medium casserole, bring the water and salt to boil.
- Add oatmeal, stir and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest for a few minutes before serving. Sprinkle each portion with brown sugar and two tablespoons milk or cream; mix well.
- Serve with buttered toast.
- In the microwave:
Combine water, oatmeal and salt in a one quart glass bowl.
- Microwave on High for 2 minutes, stir and microwave on high for 1 or 2 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Let stand for 1 or 2 minutes. Sprinkle with brown sugar and milk and mix well.