Grilled Peanut Butter Bacon Sandwich
Two and at times three sandwiches were sufficient to carry me through to lunch time. Growing boys can eat.
The addition of cooked bacon makes it doubly good. Some folks enjoy smearing a little Hellmann's or Miracle Whip on theirs.
And -- There is no reason you couldn't add a little jelly or jam. Though I don't.
My preference is to serve it on Hearty Rye Bread. Sourdough Bread could be my second choice.
For many years this has also been my preference for a late night snack, accompanied by a hot cup of Chocolate Malt Ovaltine. Soothing on the tummy and the nerves.
Is it Bed Time yet?
2 slicebread of choice (rye is my peference)
·generous portion of peanut butter (smooth is my preference)
2pats of butter divided
2 to 3cooked bacon strips
·a smathering of hellmann's or miracle whip (optional)
·your favorite jelly or jam (optional)
·the tartest most puckering dill pickle in the fridge
·use your imagination
How to Make Grilled Peanut Butter Bacon Sandwich
- Heat frying pan to medium low heat, add one pat butter. You want the Peanut Butter to warm through as the bread toasts.
- Prepare sandwich by spreading an ample amount of Peanut Butter on one of the bread slices. Add the cooked Bacon Strips if desired.
- Put sandwich together and butter the top of sandwich. Place in pan buttered side up. Move sandwich to butter and toast evenly.
- Flip sandwich and toast other side, again move around some,reduce heat if it is toasting too fast.
- Plate up. Cut in half. Grab you accompaniments -- And Enjoy, along with your favorite hot beverage.