Granola - Make It Yourself!
I have made a few minor changes in the recipe. Bobby Flay specified maple syrup, I have used that or plain old pancake syrup. I have considered but haven't yet tried corn syrup or molasses.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 coatmeal, uncooked (i buy only the old-fashioned)
2 cnuts, coarsely chopped
1/4 colive oil
1/4 cbrown sugar
1/4 tspcinnamon (at least)
1/2 cdried fruit of your choice
How to Make Granola - Make It Yourself!
- Put the oatmeal and nuts into a bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients, except for the dried fruit. Stir until the brown sugar has pretty well dissolved.
- Pour this mixture over the oatmeal and nuts, stir to combine thoroughly.
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet (half sheet, 18x13, works well). Spread the mixture evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake in 300 degree oven for about 30-35 minutes, stirring & turning about every 10 minutes. Remove from the oven as soon as it is a light golden brown.
- You can get Bobby Flay's recipe for Apricot Yogurt Parfait from cookingchanneltv.
Or you can just eat your granola any way you like to eat granola. Just be aware, the groan of pleasure when I tasted mine this morning would have been embarrassing if anyone had heard me.