5 cwhole oats
1/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 Tbspground flax seed
2 Tbsptoasted wheat germ
1-2 tspcinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
1 cchopped nuts of your choice (optional)
1/3 cmelted butter
1 cdried fruit of choice (optional)
How to Make Granola
- Combine the first 7 ingredients.
- Combine the applesauce, syrup, Splenda & vanilla.
- Add this to the oat mixture, combining well.
- Spread onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350' oven for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Cool completely then add the dried fruit.
- Store in a tightly covered container. This will usually stay fresh for between 7-10 days.