Gone to Heaven Coffee Cake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3/4 cbrown sugar
3 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
3/4 cbutter, softened
1 1/2 csugar
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 ptsour cream
1/4 stickbutter, softened
8 ozcream cheese, room temperature
2-3 cpowdered sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Gone to Heaven Coffee Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- In a small bowl mix the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside
- In another bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix with a whisk until combined.
- In a mixer add 3/4 cup butter, sugar, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix together on medium speed for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture (1/3 at a time) with 1/3 the pint of sour cream. Mix just enough until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Spray a bundt pan with butter Pam until every inch of the inside is covered. Add 1/3 the mixture, spread evenly then add 1/3 the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. Repeat 2 more times. After adding the last of the brown sugar/cinnamon gently press down on it.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Stick a knife into the cake to check doneness. If the knife comes out clean it is baked fully. If it does not bake at 5 minute increments until it's fully baked. Do not over bake.
- Once done put the coffee cake onto a cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes. Next run a sharp knife around all the edges. Remove from the pan and let cool completely.
- Beat together the 1/4 cup butter and cream cheese. Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until it reaches the consistancy you want. Add the vanilla and mix for 15 seconds.
- Flip the coffee cake over so the brown sugar/cinnamon side is on top. Frost the entire top of the coffee cake. If some of the frosting runs down the sides that's OK (actually it's even better)