Garam Masala Braised Short Ribs
RawSpiceBar Spices & Spice Kits5
Our spice experts, many of whom are award winning chefs, bring you unique spice blends from the highest quality spices around the world, with an unprecedented focus on quality and flavor. Each spice of the month club subscription is a
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 lb
- short ribs
- 3 clove
- 4 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 c
- full bodied red wine
- 2 medium
- carrots, chopped
- 2 stalk(s)
- stalks, chopped
- 4 c
- beef or chicken stock
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
SALT & PEPPER TO TASTE
How to Make Garam Masala Braised Short Ribs
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F. Pat ribs dry with a paper towel and salt and pepper generously.
- 2In a dutch oven or other large, heavy-bottomed pot, add 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Once hot, add ribs and sear until well browned on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove ribs to a large plate or baking sheet and set aside.
- 3Add another 2 tbsp oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add onion, leek, carrots, and celery to the pot and season with salt & pepper. Let brown, about 15 minutes.
- 4Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add RawSpiceBar’s Garam Masala Spices and stir well, about 30 seconds.
- 5Add wine while scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan, until wine is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- 6Add broth and ribs and bring mixture to a boil. Cover the pan and transfer it to the oven. Cook until meat falls off the bone, about 2 1/2 hours, turning halfway through.