Fried Green Tomato Biscuits
How to Make Fried Green Tomato Biscuits
- 1Bake Biscuits according to package directions, set aside.
- 2In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp, remove to paper towels to drain. Reserve drippings in skillet.
- 3Pour buttermilk into a shallow bowl
- 4On a small plate, Combine cornmeal, Salt and Pepper
- 5Dip tomatoes slices into buttermilk and then into cornmeal mixture until thickly coated on both sides.
- 6Fry tomatoes in reserved drippings over medium high heat for 4 minutes per side or until golden.
- 7Drain on paper towels.
- 8Split biscuits, spread one biscuit half with mayonnaise.
- 9Top with tomato slice, bacon and top half of biscuit.