French Toast Stuffed with Cranberry Cream Cheese
8 slicefrench bread
2 Tbspfreshly-squeezed orange juice
·zest of one orange
·butter for the pan
4 ozcream cheese, room temperature
4 Tbsppowdered sugar
6 Tbspcranberry sauce
How to Make French Toast Stuffed with Cranberry Cream Cheese
- Heat a griddle pan over medium heat. Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, orange zest and juice together in a shallow dish.
- Grease pan with butter. Take a slice of french bread and coat on both sides with egg batter and place directly into hot pan. Repeat with other slices.
- Cook french toast until golden brown on both sides and cooked completely through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Carefully fold in cranberry sauce.
- To assemble, take one slice of hot french toast and spread a layer of filling inside. Top with another slice. Cut stuffed french toast carefully on the diagonal (filling will ooze out) and set on serving plate. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve with maple syrup and butter.