French toast sticks
How to Make French toast sticks
- 1Cut baguette crosswise into 4 equal pieces. Then cut each piece in half lengthwise, to make 8 flat pieces. Cut each piece in half lengthwise again. You should have 16 sticks. Set aside.
- 2Whisk eggs with milk and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Pour sugar onto a large plate.
- 33Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Dip each bread stick into egg mixture, then shake off excess. Roll in sugar. Add bread sticks to hot pan
- 4Do not crowd pan. You may have to cook in 2 batches, adding remaining butter, if necessary. Cook until golden, 2 min per side.
- 5Transfer to a plate. Serve with Maple-pumpkin butter