French Toast Muffins
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Oh yeah, portable French toast! We love this recipe, and perhaps more importantly, your kids will too. Each bite is a delight. The Test Kitchen
How to Make French Toast Muffins
- 1In a medium-large bowl, sift together all dry ingredients.
- 2Add wet ingredients and stir just until combined, but still a bit lumpy. Do NOT overmix; overmixing will ruin the texture of the finished muffins. Also? Don't overmix the batter.
- 3Scoop batter into muffin tins that have sprayed with cooking spray. Using a large spoon, I got 9 medium-large muffins out of this batter.
- 4Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they just start to turn a bit golden at the edges.
- 5For the topping, mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Place canola oil in another small bowl.
- 6Dip the warm muffins in canola oil, or using a spoon, drizzle over muffins, then dip/roll/sprinkle the muffin in cinnamon sugar. *May have left-over topping; the extra topping can be used for dipping, while eating the muffins. CONSUME, ENJOY, GO CRAZY!