French Toast Cups with Orange Sauce
5 cfrench bread cubes
1 1/2 cmilk
1 tspvanilla extract
1 tspgrated orange peel
1/2 corange juice, fresh
1/2 chalf and half
2 tspgrated orange peel
How to Make French Toast Cups with Orange Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and orange peel in large bowl.
- Add bread cubes to milk mixture, coating evenly. Allow to soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Fill well-oiled muffin tins with bread mixture. Bake for about 25 minutes or until tops spring back when touched.
- While french toast cups are baking, prepare the orange sauce.
- Melt butter in small sauce pan on medium heat. Add orange juice, sugar, orange peel and salt.
- Cook 1-2 minutes until sugar is dissolved, then raise heat to create gentle boiling.
- In small bowl, combine half and half with cornstarch and slowly add to saucepan, stirring constantly. You might need to use a whisk if there are any lumps.
- Remove sauce from heat and cool slightly before serving with french toast cups. Garnish with toasted pecans if desired.