French Toast Cheddar Sandwiches1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/3 clight cream
8 slicewhite bread
4 slicecheddar cheese
How to Make French Toast Cheddar Sandwiches
- Set out a heavy skillet or cast iron griddle.
- Beat the eggs slightly in a pie tin or shallow bowl and add the milk or cream and salt, set aside.
- Spread the bread slices out on a flat working surface.
- Spread one side of four slices of bread lightly with the prepared mustard.
- Top each with a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Butter the remaining four slices of bread and top each cheese slice with bread, butter side down.
- Heat the butter in the skillet or on the griddle.
- Carefully dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Allow the excess egg mixture to drain back into the bowl.
- Dip only as many sandwiches as will lie flat in the skillet or griddle.
- Cook over low heat until browned.
- Turn and brown the other sides.
- Repeat for the remaining sandwiches and if necessary, add more butter to the skillet or griddle to prevent sticking.
- Or you can place the sandwiches, after dipping, on a well greased baking sheet and brown in the oven at 450 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.