French Toast Cheddar Sandwiches1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 2 large
- 1/3 c
- light cream
- 1/2 tsp
- 8 slice
- white bread
- prepared mustard
- 4 slice
- cheddar cheese
- 3 tsp
How to Make French Toast Cheddar Sandwiches
- 1Set out a heavy skillet or cast iron griddle.
- 2Beat the eggs slightly in a pie tin or shallow bowl and add the milk or cream and salt, set aside.
- 3Spread the bread slices out on a flat working surface.
- 4Spread one side of four slices of bread lightly with the prepared mustard.
- 5Top each with a slice of cheddar cheese.
- 6Butter the remaining four slices of bread and top each cheese slice with bread, butter side down.
- 7Heat the butter in the skillet or on the griddle.
- 8Carefully dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, coating both sides.
- 9Allow the excess egg mixture to drain back into the bowl.
- 10Dip only as many sandwiches as will lie flat in the skillet or griddle.
- 11Cook over low heat until browned.
- 12Turn and brown the other sides.
- 13Repeat for the remaining sandwiches and if necessary, add more butter to the skillet or griddle to prevent sticking.
- 14Or you can place the sandwiches, after dipping, on a well greased baking sheet and brown in the oven at 450 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 15Serve hot.