French Canadian Breakfast Crepes
- 2 c
- 1 c
- brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 c
- unbleached flour (i used pastry flour)
- butter or oil, for cooking
- real maple syrup
- powdered sugar, fresh fruit in season, toasted nuts, etc.
TOPPINGS: (AS SUGGESTIONS ONLY)
How to Make French Canadian Breakfast Crepes
- 1Add the CREPES ingredients in a blender or food processor *in order given*. Blend for about 1 minute or until batter is smooth.
- 2Place about 2 tablespoons of butter and/or coconut oil in large *skillet over medium heat. When pan is hot and butter/oil has melted, pour 1/4 cup batter into middle of pan then swirl pan around so that a large crepe forms.
*The original recipe specified a cast iron skillet. I tested the crepes using both a cast iron skillet and an 8-inch non-stick pan. Both worked well.
- 3Cook crepes about 1-2 minutes per side or when crepe starts to get crispy around edges and bubbles. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with maple syrup and/or other TOPPING suggestions.