French Breakfast Puffs
How to Make French Breakfast Puffs
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- 2In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- 3In another large bowl, cream together sugar and shortening. Add the eggs and mix again. Alternate adding 1/3 of the flour mixture and 1/3 of the milk to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Make sure you beat well.
- 4Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, til golden. Remove muffins from pan and set aside
- 5To make coating, melt butter in a bowl or glass pan. In another container, mix the sugar and cinnamon. Dip warm muffins in butter, coating thoroughly, then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Don’t be afraid to really coat them with lots of sugar and cinnamon.
- 6Cinnamony sweet perfection. The deliciousness of these beauties is incredible. After cooling completely, puffs can be frozen in plastic bags and reheated later. They’re in the “reheats beautifully” section of life. And we can all appreciate that!