French Breakfast Puffs
This is from The Pioneer Woman Cookbook. I have never bought one hers before but this is called Recipes from an accidental country girl.
Really liked some of the recipes.
It's cool and raining today and this just called to me. Enjoy!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 call purpose flour
3 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspground nutmeg
1 1/2 csugar
3 tspground cinnaman
How to Make French Breakfast Puffs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt, and nutmeg.
- In separate large bowl, cream together sugar and shortening.
Add eggs and mix.
- Alternate adding 1/3 of flour mixture and 1/3 of milk to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
Remove muffins from pan and set aside.
- To make coating, melt the butter in a bowl and in separate bowl combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip warm muffins in the butter, coating thoroughly.
- Then roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Coat them well.
- After cooling completely, they can be placed in plastic bags and frozen then reheated later.