★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1 c
- whole milk
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted plus 1 extra teaspoon
- bananas sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 c
- shelled peanuts, salted or unsalted (opt)
How to Make Flapjack Flapper's Flapjacks
- 1In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar and mix well with a whisk.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the egg, peanut butter,and milk and beat with an electric mixer.
- 3Add the 3 tablespoons of melted butter, then add the flour mixture all at once and beat until extremely smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in one-fourth of the banana slices.
- 4Grease a griddle or a frying pan with the remaining 1 teaspoon of butter and heat over medium heat.
- 5Using a ladle or a measuring cup, pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each flapjack, leaving about 2 inches between them. When the top surface is bubbling, the edges opaque, and the bottom side golden brown, after about 1 1/2 minutes, use a spatula to flip each flapjack.Cook until the other side is golden brown about 45 seconds to 1 minute. Repeat until all the batter is used.
- 6Serve stacks of flapjacks topped with remaining bananas, peanuts, and syrup of choice or honey.