How to Make Flannel Cakes
- Beat egg yolks, then add milk and shortening to the yolks.
- Mix flour, salt, nd baking powder together.
- Add dry ingredients to the liquid mixture and mix until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into batter, just until lightly blended.
- Pour batter to desired size, onto a hot greased griddle. Turn shortly after pancakes have started to bubble and are lightly browned, and cook other side. Remove from pan and serve with maple syrup or desired topping. Suggestions might be strawberries or apple pie filling or what ever you may like for the topping.