How to Make Flannel Cakes
- 1Beat egg yolks, then add milk and shortening to the yolks.
- 2Mix flour, salt, nd baking powder together.
- 3Add dry ingredients to the liquid mixture and mix until smooth.
- 4Beat egg whites until stiff.
- 5Fold egg whites into batter, just until lightly blended.
- 6Pour batter to desired size, onto a hot greased griddle. Turn shortly after pancakes have started to bubble and are lightly browned, and cook other side. Remove from pan and serve with maple syrup or desired topping. Suggestions might be strawberries or apple pie filling or what ever you may like for the topping.