Edna Mae’s Sour Cream Pancakes
How to Make Edna Mae’s Sour Cream Pancakes
- 1Put an iron skillet or griddle over medium low heat. Heat to get it nice and hot. Put the sour cream in a medium bowl. Dump in the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- 2Stir together very gently. Stop short of the mixture being totally mixed. You want the pancakes to have some interesting texture.
- 3Whisk the eggs in another bowl. Add the vanilla and stir to mix. Pour the egg mixture into the sour cream/flour mixture
- 4Stir together gently. Don’t worry about the mixture being totally mixed; a little white and yellow swirling is fine.
- 5Melt about a tablespoon of butter in skillet. Pour batter into skillet 1/4 cup at a time. Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes then flip pancakes over. Cook for another 45 seconds and remove to plate. Repeat with remaining batter. Stack the pancakes as high on a plate as your appetite dictates. Top with plenty of butter and maple syrup. Makes about twelve 4 inch pancakes.