EASY CHEESE DANISH
2 can(s)refrigerated crescent rolls
8 oz pkgcream cheese, room temperature
1 tsplemon juice
3/4 tspvanilla extract
1 tspsour cream
1 cconfectioners' sugar
1 Tbspbutter, softened
How to Make EASY CHEESE DANISH
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place a sheet of parchment paper on cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Open the crescent rolls carefully so as not to tear the dough. Do not unroll...you will need to leave it in it's cylindrical shape.
- Slice the dough into pieces about 1/4 inch thick (as though you're slicing cookie dough). Place the slices on a cookie sheet.
- Now press the center in to make an indentation for the cream cheese filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, regular sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and sour cream.
- Add a dollop (about 1 tbsp) of the mixture to the indentation you made in each circle of dough.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Prepare Icing:
Mix together the confectioner's sugar, milk and butter in a small bowl.
- Use a spoon to drizzle it over the tops of the danish, or you can put it into a small zip-top bag and snip of the corner for an easy "piping bag."
- Take the danish out of the oven and allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes before icing.