Dutch Cream Waffles with Maple Honey Butter
I found the waffle recipe in a Big Taste of Home Cookbook, maple honey butter is mine...photo is mine.
1 cap flour
1 ccream, i used 1/2 cream and 1/2 milk, you could use 1 c half and half as well
MAPLE HONEY BUTTER
1 1/2 cbutter, softened
1/2 creal maple syrup
1 cpowdered sugar
1 tspcinnamon, if desired
How to Make Dutch Cream Waffles with Maple Honey Butter
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and salt. In a small mixing bowl beat egg yolks on low, add cream slowly while mixing. Beat for 1 minute. (I used half milk, as I didn't have enough cream)
Add to flour mixture, mixing on low speed until mostly incorporated then mix on medium high speed until smooth.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites on high until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into batter.
- Preheat waffle iron. Drop 1/2 c or so of batter onto waffle iron and proceed according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve warm with Maple Honey Butter and Warm Maple Syrup, if desired.
- Maple Honey Butter: I almost always have this on hand. It is soooo good on so many things from bagels to squash. It stores well in refrigerator for up to a month, that's the longest I've ever had it last, so it might be good longer, but I don't know. lol
Place all ingredients for the butter into a medium bowl and mix on low until incorporated, then on medium high for 2 minutes...you want to make sure your get it all whipped together or the maple syrup with start to break down the butter. (like separated) IF this happens to you after a couple days, just re beat it.