★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 Tbspbacon or sausage grease
1 can(s)evaporated milk, small
·enough milk to make 1-3/4 cups
·salt and pepper to taste.
How to Make Cream (White) Gravy
- Add 3 tablespoons of bacon grease or sausage grease to skillet over medium heat.
- Add 3 tablespoons flour into pan and whisk into the grease until lightly browned.
- Open evap milk and pour into a measuring cup; add 1 can of water and enough of whole, 2% or 1% milk to make 1-3/4 cups.
Whisk milk slowly into flour mixture and cook until mixture thickens; stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- NOTE: You can add crumbled, browned sausage to your gravy after the milk before it thickens.
- NOTE: if gravy is too thick - whisk additional milk into gravy until correct consistency.
If gravy is too thin:
1. Add 1-2 t. of flour into small jar with lid.
2. Add enough milk to make a pourable paste,
3. Shake jar to mix.
4. Whisk paste into gravy slowly to thicken.