1 pkg(13 3/4 oz) hot roll mix
3/4 cwarm water, 110 degrees
1 1/3 csugar
6 Tbspbutter, softened
1 ccranberry juice cocktail
1/2 ccherry juice
1 cwhipped cream
12 largepitted fresh cherries
How to Make Cran-Cherry Breakfast Bread
- Generously grease 6 4-inch mini fluted Bundt pans or mini decorative cake pans. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast from the roll mix in the warm water. Stir in 1/3 cup sugar and the butter. Stir in the flour from the roll mix. Beat the eggs in 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Cover and let rise for 1 hour in a warm place. Dough should be about doubled in size.
- Spoon the dough into the prepared pans, divided equally between them. Let rise 30 minutes in a warm place, until almost doubled in size.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the breads comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- While breads are baking, make syrup: Place cranberry juice cocktail, cherry juice, and 1 cup sugar in medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved completely. Continue to cook and stir for 1 minute, then remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Place a wire rack over a jelly roll pan or other shallow baking dish. Turn breads out onto wire rack. Prick all over with a fork. Slowly spoon the syrup over the breads so they soak it up.
- Place breads on serving plate and chill, covered, for at least 30 minutes. To serve, garnish with whipped cream and cherries.