Cinnamon Roll Oat Scones
1 cold fashioned oats
1/3 cbrown sugar
2 tspbaking powder
8 Tbspcold butter, cubes
1/2 cpecans, chopped
1 cheavy cream
6 Tbspbutter, softened
6 Tbspbrown sugar
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Oat Scones
- For the dough:
Whisk together flour, oats, 1/3 cup brown sugar, baking powder & 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Cut in cubed butter until the mixture is pea-sized pieces. Stir in pecans. Add cream; stir until flour is incorporated.
- Turn dough onto floured parchment paper. Lightly sprinkle with more flour; top with second piece of parchment. Gently roll into 10-inch square.
- For the filling:
Combine softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to form a paste.
- Spread paste onto dough.
- Roll dough, jelly roll-style, into a log and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice dough into 6 slices. Place in jumbo muffin tin.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden.