- 1 c
- margarine, softened
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- egg (yolk only)
- 1 can(s)
- apple pie filling (cut apples into smaller pieces)
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- egg white, beaten
- confectioners sugar
How to Make Cinnamon-Apple Strudel
- 1With pastry blender, cut margarine and flour. Add sour cream and egg yolk. Form soft dough. Divide into two balls. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 2Take dough out of refrigerator. Let sit a little to soften. It will still be very stiff. Roll out each dough very thin and into oblong shape. (I roll out between floured wax paper). NOTE: This will be making TWO strudels.
- 3Mix all of filling ingredients together. Spread filling on dough coming to about an inch from the edge of the dough. Carefully roll into a jelly roll. Repeat with second dough ball.
- 5Remove from oven. Cool on pan. Make a thin confectioners glaze and drizzle over strudel. Slice and serve.